- Date of CSIR UGC NET examination: 22nd December, 2013 (Sunday)
- Date of Single MCQ Examination: 22nd December, 2013
- Date of Start of Online Submission: 30th July, 2013
- Date of Close of Deposit of Fee (All Station): 21st August, 2013
- Date of Close of Submission of Online Application (All Station): 22nd August, 2013
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of on line application in the examination unit: 27th August, 2013
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of on line application in the Examination Unit (from remote areas): 02nd September, 2013
- Last Date for receipt of written request for change of Examination Centre only on merit basis: 27th September, 2013
- Publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR, HRDG website: 01st November, 2013
- Last date for accepting of representation about non-registration for this test 08th November, 2013
- Issue of e-Admission Certificate to registered candidates: Second week of December-2013
CSIR will hold the Joint CSIR-UGC Test on 22nd December, 2013 for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science & Technology
The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as applicable
The final result of Joint CSIR-UGC test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship,National Eligibility Test (NET) Will be declared by CSIR
Roll numbers of successful candidates shall be available on CSIR HRDG website www.csirhrdg.res.in
A candidate may apply either for ‘JRF + Lectureship’ both or for ‘Lectureship (LS) only’ He/She may indicate his/her preference in the O.M.R. Application Form/Online Application, as the case may be. CSIR may consider candidates applying for ‘JRF + LS’ for ‘Lectureship only’ depending on number of fellowships available and performance in the test subject to the condition that they fulfill the laid down eligibility criterion. If a candidate is found to be over-age for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only.
Two separate merit lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF – NET) and the second of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET), will be made on the basis of their performance in the above Test. Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET), will also be eligible for Lectureship (NET). The candidates qualifying for Lectureship will be eligible for recruitment as Lecturers as well as for JRF-ship in a Scheme/Project, if otherwise suitable as per the eligible criteria of that Scheme/Project. However, they will not be eligible for Regular JRF-NET Fellowship. They will be eligible to pursue Ph.D. programme with or without any fellowship other than JRF-NET. Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF (NET) will receive fellowship either from CSIR or UGC as per their assignment or from the Schemes with which they may find association. The candidates declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under UGC scheme will be governed by UGC rules/regulations in this regard.
The final result of this Single MCQ test may be declared sometime shortly and fellowship to successful candidates could be awarded soon.